Strategic Manager, Sales Development
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We're looking for a driven sales development leader who is passionate about people and pipeline.
Sales Development at Okta is a specialized team focused on the Top of the Funnel built to generate repeatable quality pipeline. We are a team of trustworthy, high performing, productive, and motivated individuals, where the work is meaningful and achievements are recognized. We operate in a fast paced, innovative environment in hyper growth mode.
In this highly visible role, you will lead a team of sales development representatives who are responsible for both inbound lead processing as well as cold outbound outreach. You’ll collaborate with Sales, Demand Generation, Recruiting, HR, Sales Enablement and Operations teams to develop our people while achieving amazing results.
We believe in hiring outstanding professionals and give them the autonomy to run their own business. We invest in our people by providing them training, professional development and access to the best tools and technology in the industry. We value innovation and welcome new ideas.
What you’ll do
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets
- Hire and onboard new Sales Development Representatives, who are often young professionals earlier in their career
- Develop your team’s skills for outbound prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide your team with regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics and KPIs with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Manage quota achievements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years in sales or sales development or 1+ years leading a team
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data driven decisions
- Expertise in using Salesforce.com (other sales development tools/methodologies is a plus)
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new people
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and ability to operate with some level of ambiguity
- Experience prospecting or selling into Enterprise accounts
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.