Director, xDR Strategy & Operations
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking a Director of xDR (SDR & BDR) Strategy & Operations, to be the go-to person to drive our commitment to operational excellence across the global xDR organization, Marketing, and Sales. Working closely with our global xDR teams, Demand Generation teams, Sales Operations as well as IT partners you will identify operational challenges and opportunities, create solutions and execute on them.
You will thrive in an ever evolving organization and have previous experience with optimizing for a fast growing xDR team. A dynamic self-starter and problem solver, with attention to detail and a passion to scale the xDR teams while boosting productivity. You are capable of juggling multiple projects with ease, know how to drive execution without being pushy and can clearly envision a path to completion through a series of obstacles.
Director xDR Strategy & Operations
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy and Operations, this role will be part of the broader Go-To-Market Strategy & Operations Team. You possess an in-depth knowledge of lead gen and opportunity management processes; have a strong analytical mindset to review data, processes and identify improvements; can effectively communicate complex challenges and solutions to leadership; and build business justifications and consensus to improve our processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver clear, specific, measurable and significant improvements to our business in the form of pipeline and ARR, on time and on target.
- Own all collaboration and feedback loop between xDR, xDR Management and internal and external business partners (Marketing and Sales) regarding everything related to the operations of our business
- Quickly identify isolated versus broad-reaching operational issues, prioritize and execute accordingly
- Be creative and innovative in the approach to our processes to ensure that we meet our goal of being "best-in-class at scale."
- Build in-depth knowledge of our technology stack to better use our current tools, and lead the assessment and implementation of additional technology
- Continuous improvement analysis of our xDR business, with actionable recommendations
- Our lead engine: working with Marketing Operations to ensure smooth and consistent flow of leads to xDR. Optimizing lead distribution models for fast response time.
- xDR lead management processes (e.g. lead prioritization, lead workflow, usage of fields, automation, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing key partners (Product Marketing, Demand Gen, Events, Field Marketing, etc.) to help develop outbound programs.
- Partner with other Marketing Ops team members and segmentation team to find prospect accounts using various lead generation tools and B2B databases. Compile and segment target account and contact lists in Salesforce.
- Be responsible for tracking the funnel performance and overall campaign optimization. Constantly review data to optimize campaigns and drive the plan-to-make-plan discussions with xDR managers-including real-time changes and pivots to strategy.
- Usage of company metrics and reporting to optimize xDR performance.
- Data hygiene and data append strategy to allow xDR to spend more time on the phone and limit data research activities.
- All other xDR processes that impact customer experience or revenue generation (e.g., ROE, AE Handoff, etc.)
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5-7 years experience in management consulting, or strategy and operations type roles preferred
- 3+ years of deep analytical evaluation of business metrics, producing clear tangible results and business impact
- Experience optimizing operational processes in the Sales Development technology stack (e.g. LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach.io, predictive scoring, ABM, etc.) ideal
- Experience identifying, managing and leading operational org-wide projects to successful execution
- Experience with helping enablement teams produce materials for xDR teams to optimize processes
- Ability to do deep dive analysis and reporting on data sets to find issues or opportunities for optimizations
- Capable of engaging and motivating team members and establishing balanced, collaborative relationships.
- Proven track record of maintaining enthusiasm, energy, focus and ability to execute in a variety of circumstances, within a large team of people.
- Ability to determine objectives and measures upon which your projects will be evaluated and set up measurements to report back.
- Ability to prioritize risks and issues to drive resolution and engage others when necessary.
- Strong knowledge of Lead Generation and Lead Distribution processes; includes understanding of Marketing campaigns and any other Demand Generation initiatives.operating KPIs.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.