SVP, GTM Strategy & Operations (United States)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Senior Vice President, GTM Strategy and Operations will be responsible for creating scalable go-to-market operational metrics, processes, policies, and infrastructure to grow Okta. This leader will take our vision and partner to build a GTM strategy and operational roadmap for how we make the vision a reality.
This executive will drive the strategy to enable profitable net ARR growth across all Go-To-Market functions from business development, sales through customer first.
Specifically, this very senior leader will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Executive Presentations: Quarterly Operational Review, Board Review, Earnings, Analyst Days
- Fiscal Planning: GTM Strategy, Capacity and Customer modeling, Long Range Planning, Headcount Planning, Territory & Account Planning, GTM Incentive Design, and Fiscal Year Execution
- Operational Cadence: Forecast Process, Standard Reporting and Analytics
- Optimization of GTM: Processes, Policies and Infrastructure
This role operates at the intersection of field sales, customer first, finance, compensation, and the office of the CEO. This leader will need an agile, consultative and highly collaborative approach to influence.
- Manage revenue growth strategy and execution, operations, customer success, and data analysis to support global Field initiatives
- Collaborate with executives across Go-To-Market and Finance to drive annual revenue operations planning cycles that impact overall customer success / retention / growth
- Establish and maintain operating cadence/rigor across all field functions to ensure the health of the business on achieving key performance metrics including forecast accuracy, funnel analysis, and pipeline management
- Build, Influence, or Drive change across Okta’s processes, policies, and technologies that optimize the path for supporting overall revenue growth (e.g. Q2C, SFDC)
- Build strong working relationships with executives and key leaders across GTM teams (e.g. product, engineering, marketing, information technology and finance) and influence the goals and priorities of stakeholders whose mission aligns with that of Field Operations
- Build, develop, and manage a world-class, inclusive, diverse, high-performing team by driving effective onboarding, on-going training, retention with a strong remote culture
- Support executive deliverables such as Board Reviews, Executive QBRs, strategic planning, and more as needed
Experience & Skills
- Significant professional experience of increasing responsibilities across GTM strategy, operations, and planning
- Demonstrated success in scaling GTM organizations of varying sizes and maturity
- Demonstrated success upskilling GTM planning organizations
- 4th-line management experience, with multiple layers of management
- Experience and comfort with regular presentations to Okta’s CEO and Board
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.