Program Lead, Talent Management and Employee Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are currently seeking a Program Lead to support our Talent Management and Employee Experience programs. This position will contribute to building a culture where learning, coaching and delivering consistent feedback lead to positive impact and results. The role is responsible for subject matter expertise, design, management, and operational excellence of talent management programs with a focus on delivering high impact and value, working closely with the overall TM/EX team as well as with People Business Partners, OktaU, and DIBs teams. The Program Lead will drive the development and implementation of talent management programs, including but not limited to Performance Management, Executive Coaching, and Talent Review and Succession Planning. This is a role in which you’ll excel if you have a broad range of experience with core talent processes including performance check-ins, feedback, talent reviews, executive coaching programs, competency and career architectures and data driven talent decisions.
- In alignment with business goals, plan, drive, and manage multiple company-wide employee talent management initiatives that result in positive impact across the company and help differentiate Okta.
- Consult, design and build solutions aligned to EX/TM roadmap (e.g.,culture, feedback, talent reviews, and performance programs).
- Bring innovative ideas and solutions for culture, engagement, and dynamic work to create meaningful impact in a global work environment. Use deep expertise in talent, culture, and employee experience to bring a point of view and recommendations for solutions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of two or more enterprise talent programs, including program design, project management, delivery of programs, and identifying impact and success metrics.
- Oversee the end-to-end execution of programs along with our key cross-functional partners (i.e. HRBPs, Project Management Team and other COEs)
- Coordinate and guide outcomes and deliverables across multiple TM/EX programs such as engagement, dynamic work to ensure alignment with broader program vision
- Ensure ongoing prioritization and continuous improvement, delivering enhanced end user experiences in short sprints
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of programs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Deliver programs and comprehensive evaluation strategies aligned to key metrics
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiency.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Competence in talent and employee experience practices to identify solutions and leverage relevant resources.
- Strong project management and program management experience with a track record of delivering large-scale, global projects or initiatives.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, with the ability to transfer into applied solutions.
- Demonstrate operational excellence in managing projects from design to execution.
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience building organization culture, talent, and employee experience programs.
- Experience coordinating programs with stakeholders.
- Experience working on various People programs/projects.
- Experience working with enterprise tools for talent programs (e.g. Workday)
- Coaching certification from an industry recognized organization (Ex. International Coaching Federation/ICF)
- An advanced degree in Organizational Development, Leadership, or a related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.