Senior Defensive Cyber Engineer, DevOps
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The engineering team inside Okta’s Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) organization is seeking a DevOps focused individual to join an existing and growing team.
These security-minded software engineers have the responsibility to build, maintain, and reliably operate the tools and applications used in the day-to-day mission of detecting and responding to threats against Okta and its customers. Ideal candidates will have significant experience both in building serverless applications as well as maintaining them in a production environment. They should be able to speak to, and give examples, of well architected design choices and implementations. Python is the predominant language used by DCO and candidates must be comfortable using it effectively.
Although this position is part of the internal security department, experience working in that field is not necessary. However, the desired candidate would have an interest in cybersecurity and growing their knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with a distributed global team.
- Efficiently configure and manage the generation, shipping, ETL, and ingestion of data sources required for providing for detection and response.
- Build and enhance applications to generate detection signals and enrichment to identify potential threats.
- Partner with detection and response individuals to enhance and scale a security alert pipeline.
- Deploy and maintain operational efficiency of tools and systems used across DCO.
- Maintain internal tooling efficacy with observability, metrics, and quality of service alerts.
- Identify and implement automation solutions to reduce the friction of the DCO team and their mission.
- Collaborate with peers over architecture design and code views.
- Minimal UX/UI development is expected for this position.
- Production and critical app development in Python
- AWS Serverless technologies
- Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
- Container development in EKS or ECS
- Data Warehouse management in Snowflake and Splunk
- 4-6+ years of combined experience in software development, DevOps, SRE or security operations
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.