Go To Market Internal Communications Senior Specialist
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is hiring an Internal Communications Senior Specialist to join our global Go To Market (GTM) Communications Team. We are searching for a skilled communicator and storyteller who is intellectually curious (starts with the “why”), and passionate about employee communications. This person is someone who is an agile, resourceful team player with strong project management skills and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
This global role will be a part of a forward-thinking GTM Communications Team committed to delivering exceptional and creative communications to drive awareness of Okta’s strategic value, boost productivity, and keep employees aligned and connected to our company vision and values.
This person will report directly to Okta’s head of GTM communications as part of Okta’s Global Communications team and will be based in the U.S.
- Deliver cutting-edge, scalable communications that improve productivity, clarify and drive conversations, build connectedness, and inspire innovation and engagement across our GTM employee community.
- In partnership with the Head of GTM Communications, assist with the development and implementation of an integrated employee communications strategy for the GTM organization.
- Write and edit high-impact messaging and content across a variety of channels, such as email, presentations, intranet articles, Slack messages, video scripts, and other supporting collateral.
- Support the end-to-end production of GTM functional all hands meetings, town halls, roundtables, and "Ask Me Anything" sessions.
- Support change management communications, including but not limited to reorganizations, crisis communications, and product announcements.
- Evolve existing and create new communication channels to ensure an optimal mix of top-down, sideways, and bottoms-up communication is taking place.
- Supports GTM executive presence at Okta’s strategic programs and events, as needed, which could include speeches, keynote presentations, talking points, and other written materials.
- Actively partner with the Global Communications Team, GTM stakeholders, and across Okta’s People, Workplace, Business Technology, Legal, and Investor Relations to ensure alignment of internal messaging, timing, and editorial strategies.
- Balance planned communications with unplanned and urgent business needs.
- Maintain GTM communication activities calendar in Asana, metrics, and reporting.
- Five years of internal communications experience, including managing organizational change efforts and crisis communications.
- Experience in high-growth technology environments and familiarity with GTM audiences (e.g., Sales, Partners & Alliances, Customer Success, Marketing).
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience developing and executing surveys for internal events, and analyzing feedback.
- High comfort level in working with executives and other senior leaders throughout the company globally.
- Willingness to travel as needed, and on occasion, work flexible hours to support our GTM leaders and audiences around the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.