Developer Advocate (Customer Identity)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Developer Advocate - Product-Led Growth
Auth0 by Okta secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world – and we're growing fast! To help drive this growth, our Product-Led Growth team’s mission is to become the customer identity and access management (CIAM) provider of choice for developers in small companies, startups, and nonprofits. A key part of this mission is to engage with developer communities, educate them about Auth0, and help them begin using our product.
This role is our first Developer Advocatehire for the Product-Led Growth team. As a Developer Advocate, your job is to empower developers to innovate and secure their applications with our Customer Identity solutions. You will lead workshops, help create educational materials, and support developers in finding the best ways to implement Auth0. You’re a great match if you have the rare combination of technical savvy and business acumen, and you’re looking for a position where you can utilize both while innovating Developer Advocate at Okta.
What you’ll be doing:
- Teach developers at startups and nonprofits about identity, access management, and cybersecurity.
- Work with our marketing team to create new and expand existing developer materials for our audience, including demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, white papers, conference presentations, and webinars for a non-technical audience.
- Provide general technical guidance for startup and nonprofit customers and prospects.
- Maintain a broad technical understanding of the Okta Customer Identity Cloud and the underlying technologies and protocols. You do not need to have a deep technical expertise on each product.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Technical background or good understanding of Application Development and IT operations; familiarity with Identity and Authentication Management software, credentialing, and cybersecurity concepts a plus.
- Hands-on technical experience deploying, configuring, or implementing software tools and products.
- You find joy in serving the developer community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs, with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
We’d be incredibly excited if you have:
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, Technical Customer Success Manager, or Technical Account Manager
- Experience with at least one authentication or authorization protocol (OAuth, OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, LDAP)
- Understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Experience building web, mobile, and IoT applications, incorporating both front and back end languages/frameworks
- Experience working with API architectures/technologies like REST and GraphQL. This includes the ability to use the dev tools in a browser to explain HTTP traffic and an HTTP client (like curl or Postman) to interact with an HTTP service
- Experience running code sprints or technology workshops
- Experience working with the startup and/or nonprofit sector(s)
Travel requirement: Minimal required travel, on average one trip per quarter.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.