Senior Business Systems Analyst
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Senior Product Analyst - Procure to Pay
Okta’s Business Technology (BT) is on a mission to accelerate Okta’s scale and growth. We bring world-class business acumen and technology expertise to every interaction. We also drive cross-functional collaboration and are focused on delivering measurable business outcomes. BT strives to deliver amazing technology experiences for our employees, and ensure that our offices have all the technology that is needed for the future of work.
Okta is looking for a Senior Product Analyst to help us support our core procure to pay systems, as well as peripheral financial systems. As a Product Analyst you will be a shared owner of the vision for Okta financial systems. The ideal candidate should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented, and have a strong work ethic. This role will assist other core business systems analysts across Business Technology(BT) for strategic and business as usual projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Experience with the procure to pay process
- Collaborate with key individual contributors within the finance BT team to solve key business problems by either driving process change or making systematic recommendations for delivery
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points and assumptions for finance systems, and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for automation projects that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting
- Assist in design and system configuration within Coupa, NetSuite and other key financial systems.
- Assist in the ongoing administration of Coupa, NetSuite and Workday Expenses (preferred) including user roles and permissions, item configuration, reporting changes, and related administration duties
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis, and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the norm
- Assist in building innovative solutions that automate and scale Okta business systems for the accounting and revenue operations team
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards
- Support for key month end close processes
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, IT, or other analytics-related fields.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience as a Business Systems Analyst/Product Analyst/Product Manager
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with Procure to Pay
- Experience with designing and supporting Coupa integrations with other business systems like NetSuite and Workday(Workday Expenses experience a plus)
- Experience with full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data, SOX controls, and change management processes
- Exceptional communication with active listening skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills needed
- A good understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash)
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.