Senior Manager, People Analytics
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is looking for a seasoned manager to lead a team of People Analytics Partners who are dedicated to enabling Okta to make fast, precise, and secure people decisions. This hire will be instrumental in evolving the service delivery model for the function and ensuring our internal customers are empowered to make decisions and take action based on the data and insights provided by the team. This role reports to the Director, Workforce Planning and Operations.
What you will be doing
- Lead the team as it transforms from a focus on building products to enabling clients to use these products to make decisions and take actions
- Drive change across the People & Places organization to better understand and use data and insights
- Own the intake process, data governance model, and ongoing operations of the team
- Consult with Leaders across the company on high-profile initiatives, creating compelling business cases and analysis to support major decisions
- Based on data and insights, develop and drive strategies and tactics to improve and scale our people practices and processes
- Build our foundation for predictive analytics across the employee lifecycle
What you will bring to the role
- 10+ years combined People Analytics, Workforce Planning, Management Consulting or other Human Resources experience
- 3+ years managing People Analytics team members
- Fluent in Tableau and SQL and comfortable with advanced excel functions; Python, R, VBA and/or similar programming language is preferred
- Experience with establishing data governance models, data definitions, intake processes, and managing reporting and analytics operations
- Strong business acumen and an ability to lead teams who are able to combine qualitative findings with analytics and make recommendations
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and opportunities and confidence to use initiative to pursue solutions
- Excellent business partnering skills, ability to recognize and talk to all levels of the organization
- Experience establishing enablement and training for consumers of data and insights
- Experience leading transformation initiatives or working understanding on change management concepts
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.