Senior Director, Cloud Alliances
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
The Partners & Alliances Team
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta Partners & Alliances is responsible for indirect go-to-market strategy, execution, and bookings globally. With more than 1000 partners around the world today, Okta’s partner program is designed to accelerate our impact with customers.
The Senior Director, Cloud Alliances will be responsible for leading and developing the relationships, strategy and go-to-market execution of Okta’s co-sell motions with Cloud Providers. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Strategic Alliances.
This leader is accountable for driving and exceeding performance goals. This leader will manage in a global to local model, where focus will be on the global program, while running the business activity and identifying strategy, opportunities, outcomes and modifying results based on local economic needs, dependencies and market dynamics. A hallmark of success will be the leaders ability to work with Direct and Indirect theater leadership, cross-functional organizations and alignment of our Partners leadership and executive teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and continue building a world-class team
- Build & nurture meaningful relationships with alliance partners and customers
- Manage CSP key growth levers to maintain cadence and expectations of investment outcomes, initiatives (growth and transformation) and performance
- Own and evolve Okta’s operational effectiveness through CSP Marketplaces
- Multiply Okta’s success with CSPs through CSP Program management, marketing efforts and negotiate favorable terms that maximize growth for Okta
- Develop a global strategic approach - who, why, what and how with each of our existing relationships
- Lead with purpose and collaboration ensuring that the CSP team continues to meet and exceed goals
What you’ll bring to therole
- Significant experience and demonstrated success leading a strategic partners team specifically with large, global cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle)
- Significant experience in a revenue-facing role, with responsibility achieving a bookings target
- Deep existing relationships with the partner organizations within global cloud providers
- Experience accelerating, maturing, and expanding existing partnerships and building and operating in global markets
- Demonstrated operational experience managing partner co-sell and influence pipelines
- A conscious leadership style focused on a win together mentality
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.