Staff Technical Program Manager, Security
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Okta Security team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solutions through identifying and resolving risks to the employees, product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
As the Technical Program Manager for the Security team, you will assist in driving security initiatives by engaging various process owners in the design, documentation, and implementation of the appropriate controls in our computing environments, enabling Okta to demonstrate those controls to external auditors. In addition, you will be responsible for developing communications, reporting, metrics, dashboards, and wikis to demonstrate the progress of the Security Compliance Program.
The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating in a cloud-based environment across various teams that include Engineering, BT, Security, etc. to obtain buy-in on and drive execution of tasks for security projects/programs. This position requires strong communication skills and experience tailoring various types of communication to meet the needs of the intended audience. If you’re a self-starter who wants to make a difference in global cloud security, we want you on board.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program manage various large scale, complex initiatives across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to manage dependencies, unblock progress, define timelines, communicate commitments, introduce efficiencies
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with team goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Lead the introduction of new processes, to benefit Security teams and cross-organizational initiatives
- Develop and distribute monthly program communications to create awareness of upcoming activities and program progress.
- Develop and maintain metrics and dashboards to report on program status
- Collaborate across Okta to drive transparency of Security programs
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Security or engineering team experience
- Strong Program Management experience in a cloud computing environment
- Working knowledge of terms and concepts used in information security, privacy, risk assessments and contingency planning
- Understanding of development methodologies, such as software development lifecycle and operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to “think-out-of-the-box”
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Able to work independently or with a team
Helpful Certifications / Skills:
- Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Familiarity with JIRA and Okta
- Technical background
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.