Director, Strategic Partners and Business Development
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Strategic Partnership team is responsible for building deep cross-functional partnerships to create unique value for our customers. This team leads all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing large-scale partnerships and transactions that influence Okta’s overall strategy.
Okta is looking for an experienced, Director, Business Development to lead our efforts with select strategic partners, with a focus on cloud infrastructure partnerships. This person will own the entire partner engagement lifecycle from partner selection, to solution definition/build, to working closely with the alliances team on go-to-market strategy and metrics. This role reports into the leader of Technical Strategy and Partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing complex alliances with large technology companies and/or cloud service providers, including setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, communicating actively with executives on both sides, leading go-to-market and field enablement efforts, and monitoring/measuring the health of the partnerships. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships across disciplines and think strategically about both business and technical challenges.
What you will be doing
- Lead the strategic partnership strategy with the expected outcome of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Evaluate and prioritize partnership opportunities, performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Okta’s product, engineering, marketing, sales, and communications teams to ensure close alignment on deals prior, during, and after deal sign
- Establishes key performance indicators that will determine the ultimate success of the partnership
- Provide internal and external thought leadership
What you will bring to the role
- 10+ years of relevant business development, product management and/or technical sales experience
- Expertise in the enterprise software/SaaS industry
- Experience with cloud service providers and their strategies/business models
- A conscious leadership style focused on a win together mentality
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Experience with cloud identity and security vendors
- Experience with Customer Identity centric partnerships
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.