Military SkillBridge Program Fellowship: Associate Technical Support Engineer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
**A NOTE ABOUT THIS FELLOWSHIP: This program is intended for the Department of Defense's SkillBridge program-eligible Service members.**
The ideal Associate Technical Support Engineering Fellow is articulate and passionate about technology, excited about continuous learning and contributing to team and customer success. This entry level position is a good fit for those that are entering cyber-security technical support. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Technical Support Engineering Fellow will be a primary point of contact for support related issues for Okta’s enterprise customers. This individual acts as the voice of the customer to ensure technical support and best practice guidance are provided within published SLAs.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain Okta’s suite of security products.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Function as a subject matter expert within support for Okta’s suite of security products.
- Contribute to and maintain a repository of security centric knowledge within support and promote a culture of team knowledge share and collaboration within the security SME team.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Be a continuous learner!
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person).
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- 1-3 years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role.
- Familiarity in supporting and troubleshooting multi-factor mechanisms across both mobile and desktop platforms (EMAIL, Push MFA, etc).
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), iOs and Android).
- Experience documenting customer issues via Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system.
- Familiarity translating customer issues to appropriate audiences.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, fundamental information security concepts.
**This Fellowship does not in any way lead to, guarantee or provide any entitlement to employment with Okta, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates.**
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.