Customer Marketing Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
About our team
The global customer marketing team sits within The Studio, an innovative org that’s composed of marketers, creatives, strategists, and producers alike. The Studio is responsible for activating the brand, telling powerful stories, and inspiring creative excellence through the lens of our customers.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies, and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About this role
We’re looking for a proactive and curious marketer to lead customer marketing programs, focused on building brand engagement and running customer advisory boards. This role will drive alignment across Global Customer Marketing programs and processes, and partner across the company to help drive engagement across events and content.. They will help support future stages of integrated marketing experiences across our entire ecosystem of prospects, customers, and advocates.
This role requires strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to drive multiple initiatives. To be successful in this role, you must be able to manage a handful of stakeholders, be a strong communicator, and have a customer-first mindset.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in customer marketing or advocacy.
What you will do
- Own a strategic function with customer marketing and be a strong collaborator across cross-functional teams
- Own the customer relationship and connect across various teams (events, PR, AR, PMM, etc.) to deliver an integrated customer marketing experience
- Create a healthy customer advocacy pipeline, recruitment, and request fulfillment process
- Build briefs and contribute to the global customer marketing repository
- Track cross functional activation requests and report out metrics and KPI’s
What experience you have
- Experience in B2B tech marketing & customer marketing
- We’re looking for someone who is creative, flexible, and a self-starter. Okta is a fast-paced, agile work environment and we need the best and brightest to support our growing global team
- Strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be experienced in managing and cultivating customer relationships
- Fluent in English and one other European Language would be beneficial
Why you are excited about this role
- You always put the customer first
- You love new challenges and have a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy working with multiple teams and finding solutions that benefit everyone
- You enjoy building and running programs and are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve the process and scale
Why we are excited about you
- You understand the power of storytelling and know how to discern between quality of stories
- You have a passion for people and building relationships
- You believe that customer stories can help to drive the business forward and can find the data to prove it
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.