Enterprise Security Architect, IAM
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Security team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a- Service solutions through identifying and resolving risks to the employees, product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Enterprise Security Architect role guides and defines the overarching technical security strategies and partners across multiple functions as a trusted leader to support and ensure the secure development of architecture solutions and technology strategy.
The Enterprise Security Architect actively collaborates with Okta’s technology leaders to develop and drive security strategies across Okta. The position is a crucial role in ensuring that Okta’s systems and services meet the highest security standards and align with our customers’ requirements. This position requires expertise in identity & access management and securing enterprise systems with a modern, zero trust architecture.
The Enterprise Security Architect will conduct, or assist with conducting, designing, planning, implementing and operationalization of infrastructure, applications, and systems, including selection and deployment of cybersecurity technologies. This position requires an astute collaborator, who thrives working with multiple stakeholders and can align cross-functional teams in security decisions making and solutions.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA or Canada.
What You Will Do
- Review current security architecture, plan and build target-state security architecture for Okta products and services, infrastructure and corporate technology environments, and lead security architecture decisions through consultation and partnership with technology and business stakeholders
- Ensure Okta’s security strategy is aligned with business objectives, regularly reviewed for effectiveness, and successfully delivered
- Design and architect secure, scalable, and high-performance solutions that align with business and customer needs, incorporating security best practices from the outset.
- Lead efforts to mature capabilities for identity & access management, zero trust security, and privileged access management across Okta’s enterprise systems
- Contribute to risk assessment and threat model development to assess potential attack vectors throughout Okta’s identity & access management and enterprise systems and develop mitigations through architecture of appropriate security controls
- Research new services, security controls, or emerging security technology that will further mature the security of the Okta enterprise and its products and services, including engaging with third parties and partners for strategic security initiatives
- Collaborate with architects and engineering teams to assess and explain risks, threats, exploits to make risk-informed security decisions
- Communicate Okta’s enterprise security architecture and direction, as well as reporting on the state of security across Okta’s products and services to security and engineering teams and leaders across the organization.
- Establish security metrics and define KPIs to determine areas for further maturity and improvement
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in information security with a focus on security architecture, identity & access management, enterprise security, and solutions architecture
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security, or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Proficiency in security frameworks & standards such as NIST, ISO 27001, PCI, and FedRAMP
- Strong knowledge of cloud security (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with identity and access management tools and technologies (e.g., SAML, OAuth2, OIDC, SCIM)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn & continuously improve
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.