Staff Product Designer, FGA (Customer Identity)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
Our commitment to identity inspires and sustains our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy as we aim to celebrate and protect the identities of everyone in our network. Click here to learn more about our commitment to building balanced teams.
What's the opportunity?
The Fine Grained Authorization (FGA) team is on a mission to solve authorization for any use case, regardless of scale, complexity, or deployment intricacies. FGA is a Relationship-Based Access Control (ReBAC) system for governing access that can grow to many millions of users and trillions of digital objects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an innovative product, and be a part of a fast-moving team. The designer on this team will have the opportunity to design new features and experiences within the product, inform the way it integrates with other Okta products and systems, collaborate with an open-source community and a growing customer base, and design documentation and public-facing marketing properties as well.
You will join a distributed and diverse Design team. You will be part of a product team that includes Product Management, Design, and Engineering counterparts, and will have direct impact throughout the product development lifecycle. We are looking for a designer that is excited to dive deep into complex problems, and who is comfortable navigating ambiguity with a new and developing technology.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers, prioritizing features and improvements, facilitating design discussions, and providing feedback for the entire product landscape
- Directly contribute to building a strategic, long-term roadmap for the FGA team
- Own the entire design process from discovery research to detailed implementation
- Use creative thinking to build clarity of the problem and deliver innovative solutions
- Build a deep understanding of our core customers, and learn from our open source community of developers as well
- Transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences
- Define data and analytics to measure design solutions
- Participate in research and communicate insights to help the team understand customer problems
- Share work early and often, and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, improve quality, and contribute to our team processes and principles
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building enterprise products (B2B)
- Are proactive and open to helping however you can to help the team succeed
- Have worked on developer and/or authentication experiences: from defining consistent UX patterns to improving the overall user experience
- Have demonstrated experience distilling complex problems into precise, simple, and delightful solutions
- Have experience working on product experiences that involved API and/or command line interface design
- Have an advanced understanding of UI/UX concepts and a keen ability for prioritization, journey mapping, design phase/release planning, and designing for APIs/CLIs
- Know how to make use of qualitative and quantitative data to back up your design decisions, and can design and conduct new research studies
- Bonus: Have a background in Engineering/Front-end development
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$140,000—$189,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.