Outbound Home Maintenance Specialist
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Home Specialist Team
The Home Specialist team at Thumbtack is well versed in handling a multitude of customer questions and situations. The team is composed of positive and dedicated individuals who are committed to understanding how we can continue to provide an exceptional, seamless customer experience. As we continue to grow in this marketplace, we are expanding our efforts in the outbound outreach sector. We are on the forefront of the in-product recovery experience with our proactive agents and are looking forward to continued success with these initiatives.
About the Role
We know that owning a home can be slightly overwhelming, with a plethora of constant moving parts. The home specialist role is very fluid, with the opportunity to be involved in a number of proactive, customer - facing initiatives. Our team reaches out to customers who are utilizing the Thumbtack platform and looks to help coordinate their jobs for them, as well as identifying additional potential projects they may need to get done. Moving forward with this role, the home specialists conduct ‘project planning calls’ where they will discuss projects of all shapes and sizes with homeowners, providing them with personalized recommendations and coordination of pros. The goal of these initiatives and project planning calls is to provide customers with a 1:1 connection that will allow homeowners to see Thumbtack as their go-to service provider.
Other Details of this Position
- This is a remote position where all meetings and responsibilities are done virtually.
- This is a part-time, contract position (hours are dependent on resourcing needs at the time as well as your availability)
- You must have access to a computer/laptop with a high-definition camera, microphone capabilities, high-speed internet access, and a smartphone
- Test and deploy various customer outreach messaging to our existing set of customers in order to encourage them to send either more requests or more contacts
- Create an effortless and great customer experience by focusing on providing solutions to concerns
- Use all relevant resources and knowledge centers in addressing various user concerns
- Gather feedback about the platform, tools, and processes that will help improve the overall customer/Pro experience
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and company events
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting/exceeding monthly productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and resolution rate targets and finding ways to improve KPIs, guidelines, and processes
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Customer-centric mindset; you should love talking to clients and building genuine relationships.
- You’re able to adapt and problem solve as you go
- You’re detail-oriented by nature; you don’t miss a beat when it comes to taking thorough notes
- You understand that your highest priority is facilitating and closing sales
- You are resilient - Rejection is something that pushes you to work harder and smarter
- You see the big picture - You’re proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Strong problem-solving skills - You're resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented
- Experience working in different channels (email, chat, phone) or any similar industry
- Marketing or advertising sales experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google Suite experience
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.