iOS Engineer, Memberships
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Team
The Membership team is a fully cross-functional team responsible for Thumbtack Plus. Thumbtack Plus is our membership product that provides homeowners with a sense of certainty and confidence before, during, and after home projects, so that they know Thumbtack has their back from everything from home care nightmares to exciting renovations.
Thumbtack Plus gives homeowners confidence through access to our trained home specialists who give personalized guidance for their projects, our best price on home projects, and an enhanced $10,000 money back guarantee in case anything goes wrong. Our long term vision has us delivering true peace of mind for homeowners, so that Thumbtack is the obvious choice for their home care needs, and we’re looking for someone that can drive our direction towards that vision.
Memberships face the challenges of moving quickly with experiments to find the most meaningful benefits for our members while building a solid engineering foundation. Longer term, our challenge is how do we take a high touch personalized approach to building trust with Thumbtack, and scale it out towards hundreds of thousands and even millions of potential members.
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on iOS while also being a resource to other teams and engineers
- Willing, when necessary, to solve tough technical problems at any level of the stack, and be persistent in getting to the solution
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects
- Passionate iOS engineer who is an expert in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining applications in either Swift or Objective C
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in engineering
- History of shipping consumer focused apps that users love on the App Store, you can show what you’ve owned
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on iOS while also being a resource to other teams and engineers.
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with libraries, frameworks, and services like Core Data, AFNetworking, Xcode UI Testing, Crashlytics, Firebase, and Apollo (GraphQL)
- Strong eye for beautiful design and user experience
- Great communicator; we find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
- You’re data-driven and dedicated to thorough testing to maintain high-quality software
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.