Senior Strategic Customer Success Manager
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Strategic Accounts Success Team
Our National Customer Success Team is focused on expanding partnerships with large, nationally recognized brands and businesses whose presence on the platform positively impact the overall health of the marketplace, a fast-evolving team designed to drive results for both Thumbtack and our professionals. They are the product and subject matter experts for the platform. Additionally, the Success team works closely with different XFN partners in product, category management, marketing, etc. to design and execute targeted campaigns and experiments to new and existing professionals on Thumbtack.
About the Role
The Sr. Strategic Customer Success Manager [Special Projects] on the National team serves as the primary post-sale point of contact for Thumbtack high-value professionals and third party partnerships - specifically focused on pros with a national presence and franchise groups. The Sr. Strategic CSM role will directly impact the overall growth of the Thumbtack marketplace by creating and maintaining a framework for ensuring that a partner’s business goals, objectives, and needs are exceeded. Improving the quality of partners on the platform, that provide an exceptional customer experience, while driving revenue for the company. They will also assist in heading up relationships with 3rd party partners, CRMs, special projects for the National team, etc.
- Manage and proactively engage with a portfolio of the highest potential Thumbtack partners; specifically accounts with a national presence or franchise groups
- Understand your partner’s strategic goals, needs and challenges and support them to extract the full value of their Thumbtack experience by providing appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
- Work closely with Thumbtack leadership and product teams to identify opportunities with these accounts, product features required to service them, then help to build the business case for developing these features
- Build the foundation of a much larger enterprise sales team by helping to build out the playbook, tools, processes, etc. that will enable the team to scale
- Manage special projects for the National team as a whole
- Work closely with third party partners and providers to strengthen relationships for customers and Thumbtack alike.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, sales, consulting role, or similar customer-facing roles - working with multi-location accounts requiring multi-tiered relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver a customer-centric solution
- Experience managing a portfolio of accounts that met or exceeded quota or defined KPIs
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience is required
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Success management experience working with franchise brands/groups or other large businesses
- Experience working for a company offering services through an online Marketplace
- Ability to work cross functionally within an organization to drive results
- Previous 3rd party marketing agency or CRM software company experience preferred
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.