Growth Marketing Senior Specialist, SEM
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
As Thumbtack strives to build a branded destination for home management services, we need to meet new customers where they are. The Growth Marketing Manager, SEM will lead Thumbtack’s efforts to capture customer demand for local services, while working with Analytics to calculate lifetime value and payback targets, partnering with Engineering to build data pipelines that support bid automation and new tools for ad creation at scale, and collaborating with the larger Growth Marketing team to build effective full-funnel marketing programs.
- Contribute to improving Thumbtack’s paid search strategy, identifying new opportunities for customer and pro growth
- Own the management and optimizations for the SEM and MAI programs across Google, Bing, and Apple Search Ads, adhering to KPIs
- Develop experimentation roadmap for ad copy, keywords, bidding, landing pages, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional data science, analytics, and engineering teams to build automation and scalable tools
- Own the tracking, attribution, and measurement of performance metrics (ROAS, incrementality, lift, etc.) using a combination of in-house and third-party data
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5 years experience in paid digital advertising, at least 2+ years managing SEM specifically with a proven track record of improving and scaling multimillion ad programs with specific conversion volume and efficiency goals
- Demonstrated experience improving the performance of SEM campaigns through testing, optimization, automation, and creative
- Ability to manage relationships with a large portfolio of ad vendors and partners
- Ability to define and execute a 6-12 month roadmap with aggressive milestones
- Strong data analytics skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Mobile App Install campaigns (Apple Search Ads and Google Universal App Campaigns)
- Experience with other digital marketing channels
- Experience in a high-growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.