Sr. Premier Support Advocate - Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Service & Support Team
We are a global team of service advocates providing frontline service to our Thumbtack users. Our commitment to our users is that we will provide fast, reliable and helpful service through proactive and responsive channels including phone, sms, chat and email.
About the Role
As a Sr. Premier Support Advocate, you bring our Thumbtack mission to life! By handling inbound requests through our users' different channels (phone, chat, SMS, and email), you navigate the challenges of account changes, profile updates, billing inquiries, website and app assistance, and retention while ensuring a high-quality, high-quality, low-effort experience for the caller. Our best customer support representatives are enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment that balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. Conflict resolution and negotiation skills are a must as you actively listen to our callers' concerns to offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem or complaint that comes your way. You are the voice of Thumbtack on the front lines!
- Partner with our pros and customers by listening to their needs and providing the best solutions - you’re the expert!
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services
- Participate in 30-40 Phone, SMS, or Chat consultations a day with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done and grow small businesses
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer inquiries with effective problem-solving and de-escalating skills while building a relationship with the caller
- Maintain high-performance metrics including quality, adherence, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and net promoter scores
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent and insightful decisions while keeping the customer and company needs in mind
- Engage with team members through weekly development sessions, training, and support interactions that help build each other
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in Spanish and English.
- Action-oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Asks the right questions to analyze situations accurately, uncovers root causes of complex problems, and evaluates pros and cons, risks, and benefits of different solution options.
- Resourcefulness - Using resources effectively and efficiently to get things done.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under challenging circumstances
Bonus points if you have
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Multi-tasking - ability to handle multiple transactions to meet the required productivity or service levels.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in the US, the expected hourly wage for this role is currently $22.50 - $26.00 per hour. Actual offered wages will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.