Human Resources Business Partner (12-month fixed term)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the HR Business Partner Team
Our HR Business Partners are business leaders first, HR leaders second. We hold ourselves to a high standard of understanding the objectives, culture, and talent capabilities of our clients. We quickly identify trends and solve problems in service of achieving Thumbtack’s goals, driving high-performing individuals and teams. While we always seek out tangible facts and data, we also believe just as strongly in the intangibles – judgment, EQ, the ability to listen, having an inclusive mindset by default. We strive to be trusted partners and coaches to people at all levels of the organization.
About the Role
As a Senior HRBP, you will be joining a team of respected, strategic HR partners. You will elevate us further with your high level of domain expertise, judgment, execution, and EQ. Directly supporting the ENG (Engineering) function and partnering with other HRBPs, your work will enable the success of our teams. This role reports to the Director of HR Business Partners and is based in Canada. This position covers a 12-month parental leave, with the opportunity to extend to further employment based on business needs.
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years in People related roles with 4+ years experience as an HR Business Partner directly or indirectly
- Broad knowledge of HR practices, including performance, risk management, coaching, engagement and retention, workforce planning, employee relations, compensation, culture and values
- Experience establishing and maintaining senior leader relationships, acting as their trusted advisor
- Strong communication skills. You’re able to speak, write, and present information clearly and concisely. You’re comfortable mediating and facilitating discussions at the leadership level
- Demonstrated success building high-performing teams through engagement survey action planning, new leader assimilation, and team effectiveness exercises
- Firm understanding of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Experience supporting Engineering or Product functions
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in remote or virtual-first work
- Previous experience working in fast-paced, scaling organizations
- Experience working in tech companies or a marketplace
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.