HR Shared Services Operations Manager
Location: Arlington, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, performance and development rewards, talent movement and offboarding. As the catalyst for HR digital transformation, HR Services sits at the intersection of technology and business. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk, and compliance.
HR Services is at the center of enabling the HR digital transformation, employee support model, and the evolving support and programs needed from HR. With the broad portfolio of programs, projects, and opportunities, we are looking for a Senior Program Manager to play an integral role in helping the organization land it’s strategic objectives through ownership of the Portfolio and Issue Management processes. In this role, you will have three primary focus areas: 1) Manage the global program portfolio 2) Manage new issues and opportunities impacting the portfolio, and 3) Support reporting initiatives as they impact aspects of the portfolio programs. Success in this role requires working on both strategic and tactical levels at a global scale, building partnerships and influencing at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure the HR Services global portfolio of programs and projects represent our organizational strategic objectives. Identify and facilitate prioritization discussions amongst program owners and HR Services leadership team.
- Build effective partnerships with Program Owners to consult and understand scope, impact, and prioritization of programs. Work with Program Owners on reporting and engagement with the HR Services Leadership Team and broader organization.
- Maintain and represent the HR Services portfolio roadmap and ecosystem impacts. Identify and facilitate connections and best practices between program owners to ensure dependencies are clear and risks are mitigated.
- Grow the adoption and value of the HR Services Project Management Office that guides program and project standardization and further develops capability within our program teams.
- Build and manage a framework to support issue and opportunity intake, ownership clarity, and prioritization alignment. Provide insight into prioritization based on impact to employee experience, operational effectiveness, and compliance.
- Engage in our established listening systems (Quality Assurance practices, service sentiment and others) to evolve our Issue Management processes.
- Partner with HR Business Insights team and be the subject matter expert for available reporting resources, building reporting capability within the team, representing new reporting needs, and ensuring reporting initiatives are appropriately represented in the portfolio.
7+ years experience in Human Resources, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, or related field OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years experience in Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Engineering, or related field.
- Strong experience in managing relationships with business leaders and executives, leading complex portfolio of engagements, enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions. Ability to engage with senior leaders and align as well as challenge their thinking.
- Exceptional influence without authority and excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Strong knowledge of program, process, and change management techniques; structured approaches to problem solving, decision making, and business strategy.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.