The What Women Want Report 2024
Helping you create a workplace where all women can thrive
Request a free copy
About the What Women Want Report
Our most recent annual report is the result of a comprehensive survey of 769 women, allies, and marginalized individuals in Australia, the UK and the US. Combining their candid insights with actionable guidance from our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) experts, the report is a must-read for any workplace wanting to attract, retain, and nurture diversity in 2024.
85% of readers responding to our report impact survey said the 2023 report has actively helped them in their role
A few key findings
- Almost two-thirds (62%) of women are open to new opportunities:
- 27% are “actively” looking for a new role.
- Year-on-year, more women are looking to ‘level up’.
- Flexible working has regained its position as the most in-demand policy. In fact, 75% of respondents said they value flexible working above a competitive salary.
- Candidates are concerned about employers’ gender pay gaps:
- 86% (+5% YoY) want to know what potential employers are doing to reduce and remove their gender pay gap.
- 55% say they would still apply to a company with a poor pay gap if the company can prove its commitment to closing it.
“We urge readers to see this report not as a to-do list, but as a tool in your armor for change. Use the findings to fuel the right actions, in the right way, and use the real-life voices in this report to aid difficult discussions and gain all-important buy-in. Remember that small steps make a difference, and standing still is no longer an option.”
Gemma Lloyd and Valeria Ignatieva | Co-Founders and CEOs of WORK180
Meet some of the workplaces we’re proud to support
Could your company be eligible for endorsement?
Our endorsement badge is a globally recognized seal of approval organizations can use on job ads and marketing materials to increase candidate interest by up to 20%*
We don’t ask organizations to be perfect, but they do need to be committed to progress and meet a set of minimum standards to be endorsed. Check if your organisation is eligible today.
*Results achieved be existing Endorsed Employers