Workday Financials Consultant
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability. We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities.
Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Through Transformation Powered by Workday, we help HR and Finance define their strategy, technology and approach to become agile, strategic advisors that drive critical business outcomes and revenue. By automating day-to-day tasks, then uniting and orchestrating the data and planning abilities of Finance and HR in one seamless system, organizations can better align to business strategy and ensure that the right skills and resources are available when they are needed.
With in-depth specialization in more than 40 industries and an unmatched, global delivery network, Accenture is uniquely positioned to guide its clients in this transformation, tailoring each journey to your specific needs. For more information, please visit https://www.accenture.com/au-en/services/workday-index
About the role
Are you interested in helping clients navigate their digital transformation from where they are now, to where they want to be? Can you uncover their strategic intent that will help shape the use of new technologies to drive new innovative ways of working?
Using Workday, we help clients unlock trapped value across their organisation and drive transformation in service design and workforce experiences.
As a member of one of the world’s largest Workday-certified teams, you’ll be part of a team of professionals who deliver more than just technology. You’ll deliver financial management solutions that help organisations realise the Workday promise of integrated, cloud-based capabilities that put them on the fast track to a better way to work.
Grow your career with leading-edge technologies, continuous learning opportunities and a global community with deep industry expertise that help to solve clients’ biggest challenges.
Now is the perfect time for you to join the Accenture Workday team, where you’ll:
- Assess, strategize and manage Workday deployments for organisations across the globe. Accenture has worked with more than 600 clients to deliver Workday deployments to unlock the potential of their organisations.
- Design and deliver future-ready Workday solutions to help organisations optimise their Finance functions and enhance their employees’ experiences.
- Join more than 2,600 professionals certified in Workday, collaborating to drive enterprise-wide transformational projects on a global scale.
- Expand your Workday skills and advance your career with unparalleled training and professional development opportunities.
As a Workday Financials Functional Consultant, you should expect manage the deployment of Workday Financials Modules for Workday implementation effort and have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct working sessions with clients to gather, understand, and analyse business requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise on key business process decisions.
- Advise clients on industry standards for Workday Financials in order to provide suggestions to achieve clean configuration and streamlined processes.
- Design and implement requirements in the Workday Financials solution.
- Demonstrate configurations through prototyping.
- Understand Workday’s Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements.
- Provide the Project Manager with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status.
- Leverage prior related Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience.
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in an enterprise financials related role and solid understanding of financial accounting.
- Experience with an ERP (Oracle, SAP, etc) in an enterprise financials environment
- Desire to learn deep Workday technology skills along with enhancing your finance functional knowledge required to grow a successful Workday career
- Ability to take-on complex problems and resolve through collaboration.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
Additional preferred attributes:
- Charted Accountant or CPA certifications
- Current Workday Financial Core Certification(s)
- 2-5 years’ experience in Workday implementations (either as a customer or an implementation partner)
- Experience with implementation of new financials system either as a user or a consultant.
- Successfully completed at least one end-to-end Workday Financials implementation.
- Ability and willingness to travel within COVID guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement for Australia:
At Accenture, we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional, and we create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
Our unwavering commitment to inclusion and diversity unleashes innovation and creates a culture where everyone feels they have equal opportunity. Our range of progressive policies support flexibility in ‘where’, ‘when’ and ‘how’ our people work to ensure that Accenture is an organisation where you can strive for more, achieve great things and maintain the balance and wellbeing you need.
We encourage applications from all people, and we are committed to removing barriers to the recruitment process and employee lifecycle. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion or sexual orientation and we do not tolerate discrimination. If you require adjustments to the recruitment process or have a preferred communication method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cite the relevant Job Number, or contact us on +61 2 9005 5000.
To ensure our workplace is inclusive and diverse we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs. Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.