Senior Design Engineer - Electrical
Job Type: Casual
ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
ACCIONA has been selected to deliver Western Harbour Tunnel - Stage 2, Sydney's third harbour crossing. The new Western Harbour Tunnel (WHT) will connect to WestConnex at the Rozelle Interchange, cross underneath Sydney Harbour between Birchgrove and Waverton, and connect with the Warringah Freeway near North Sydney.
Project scope includes:
- Construction of approximately 4.8 kilometres of mainline tunnels with three lanes in each direction
- Civil, Mechanical and Electrical fitout of Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunnels
- Surface level work, including on and off ramps and tie-in work to the Warringah Freeway
In line with the above, ACCIONA are now looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer [LV] to join the Electrical team. Reporting to the Electrical Manager at our main office in North Sydney, this role will be required to…
Specific Tasks Include
- Coordinate with project managers, and other engineers to ensure that electrical systems meet project specifications, budget, and timelines
- Conduct site visits to ensure compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technicians.
- Ensure that all electrical work is completed to high standards of quality, safety, and efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive technical skills in the design of low voltage electrical equipment such as Switchgear and Controlgear, Cables, Transformers, Busducts, UPS systems, AC Motors, Variable Speed Drives and Power Quality Equipment
- Extensive working experience in industrial environments preferably D&C infrastructure projects
- Electrical safety focussed in particular with specific knowledge of Arc Flash and electric shock; with demonstrated experiences in Safety in Design initiatives
ACCIONA has been awarded Top Employer 2023 Certification in Australia from the Top Employers Institute. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.