Job Type: Full time
ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued strong growth and the award of several new projects supporting critical infrastructure across NSW's, we are looking for an Environmental Advisor to join our NSW team, working in Western Sydney.
This role will see you assist the Environmental Manager to ensure compliance with contractual environmental specifications, environmental legislation, planning approvals and other relevant stakeholder requirements. The Environmental Advisor will also assist with the development and implementation of programs, projects and practices that ensure the company's interests and responsibilities relating to the environment are protected and improved.
Key accountabilities for the position will be:
- Report to the Environmental Manager on environmental performance and if there are any issues related to compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Provide resources and action items requested by the authorities in seeking approvals, under the direction of the Environmental Manager
- Implement environmental management and sustainability measures in accordance with the Management Plans and relevant legislation
- Preparing environmental impact assessments including environmental effects
- Provide environmental advice and assistance to the project team
- Conduct on-site monitoring and inspections to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
What Capability & Experience will you need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Environmental Management or similar
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Understanding of Environmental Legislation and best practice
What we offer
At ACCIONA, we offer a dynamic and challenging work environment where our employees can grow and develop their careers. We provide opportunities for professional development, and our team members are encouraged to bring new ideas and approaches to their work. Our company is dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect where every employee feels valued and supported.