Job Type: Full time
ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
- Personalised career progression plans to help you achieve your goals
- Fast paced, diverse & challenging position on a major road project
- Work alongside an experienced, passionate and inclusive team
- Competitive salary in line with experience + Acciona Bonus Incentive Scheme + Salary Sacrifice/Novated Leasing
Due to our Acciona, MACA, AECOM (AMA) Alliance being selected as the preferred proponent on the Ring Road Completion Project we are seeking to appoint a Traffic Engineer working out of the Collingwood project office initially but moving to site as required.
This package of works covers the design and construction of the North East Link between the M80 - Plenty Rd interchange, and the north tunnel entrance at Watsonia. Works include three kilometres of new freeway, two kilometres of freeway upgrades, construction of retaining walls and bridge structures, rail interface works, intelligent transport systems, and urban design and landscaping. This diverse and challenging project will be complete in 2028.
Key accountabilities for the position
Deve We are seeking a Traffic Engineer to support the North East Link Project. As a Traffic Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise in the development and delivery of traffic management plans, traffic modelling, and traffic analysis and implementation of the plans & programs on site.
- Develop traffic management plans and strategies for the North East Link project
- Conduct traffic modelling and analysis to assess the impact of proposed changes on traffic flow and congestion
- Coordinate with planning and delivery teams to prepare for staging for the various zones in the project in a complex and fast moving environment
- Provide technical advice and guidance on traffic management to stakeholders, contractors, and project teams
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure that traffic management plans are integrated with other project design elements
- Review and assess traffic reports, studies, and plans from consultants and contractors
- Develop and maintain project-specific traffic management policies and procedures
- Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with traffic management plans and procedures
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and public consultations related to traffic management
- Implementation of traffic management plans
- Maintain safety as the highest priority out on site
- Manage subcontractor performance out on site
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Competent in TGS's, TMP's and council as well as state GOV road regulations and permits
- Proven experience in developing plans and implementing them on site on a major road project
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and able to build effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- ACCIONA has been given the Top Employer 2022 & 2023 certification in Australia, which certifies the company's commitment to excellence in human resources management and those who focus on putting their people first through their exceptional HR policies. Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA has made significant investments in local opportunities and project development. ACCIONA employs more than 3,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across Australia & New Zealand.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.