Project Engineer, Signalling
Job Type: Full time
ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
ACCIONA Rail (previously Coleman Rail) were recently awarded stage 3 of the Shepparton Corridor Upgrade, this was after the successful completion of stage 1 and 2. The project is funded by the Victorian Government, and part of Victoria's 'Big Build', it's one of the longest continuous railway line upgrade projects in Victoria.
The $356 million Shepparton Line Upgrade will be delivered in three stages, this includes expanding the stabling facilities, track renewal and signalling upgrades between Seymour and Shepparton, a further 1.1km extension of the Murchison crossing loop and upgrades to culverts, minor bridges, and footpaths.
The Project Engineer, Signalling reports to the Signalling Delivery Manager and assists with the design, review, planning, execution, testing and commissioning of the railway signalling component of a project.
Key accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Support the Signalling Delivery Manager, in the planning, execution and handover of project deliverables. This includes ensuring these objectives are completed within the key time, cost and quality provisions or conditions.
- Undertake the full range of a site-based Engineer, Signalling responsibilities from: preparing safety and construction documentation; to procurement; to preparing, tracking and forecasting against a construction budget; to liaising with the client; to investigating services/utilities and issuing internal permits to work.
- Quality management of the delivery of signalling construction and installation works in the field (refer iTWOcx).
- Managing Enabling Works Design, Installs and Testing and Commissioning Functions for Occupation Readiness. (Supporting the Rail Systems Area Lead).
- Managing Designs, Procurement, Installation and Testing and Commissioning Functions for Commissioning Events and Permanent works (Supporting the Rail Systems Area Lead).
- Managing Signalling & TCS master procurement (Master bill of materials)
- Managing technical design based and site-based issues (Supporting the Rail Systems Area Lead).
- Track Alliance costs in the cost tracker. Keep up to date on a weekly basis.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Electrical or Civil (or similar)
- Certificates of Competency recognised by Metro Trains according to procedure L4-CHE-FOR-083
- The ability to review signalling designs and provide qualified comments
- 4+ years' experience as a project-based engineer in industry related disciplines such as rail and associated civil infrastructure
ACCIONA has been given the Top Employer 2022 & 2023 certification in Australia, which certifies the company's commitment to excellence in human resources management and those who focus on putting their people first through their exceptional HR policies. Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA has made significant investments in local opportunities and project development. ACCIONA employs more than 3,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across Australia & New Zealand.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.