Technical Reporting Consultant
Active Tree Services
Location: Bayswater, Melbourne, Victoria
Job Type: Part time
Active Green Services is innovative and industry leading in our practices and systems, with a focus on new technologies to promote and facilitate urban greening. We work on major infrastructure – utilities (green and brown), road, rail and airports - to assess trees and preserve canopy, with Councils to develop urban greening strategy and maintain their tree heritage, at schools to help keep kids safe, and elsewhere.
We are seeking a Full or Part time horticulturalist, ecologist, consulting arborist or environmental scientist with great report writing skills (Technical Reporting Consultant) to join our growing team in Victoria.
The Role & Responsibilities:
The role of the Technical Reporting Consultant at Active is primarily to provide report writing, data and GIS support to the consultants in the field. You will be responsible for the collating, coordination and analysis of data, and preparation of reports. You will foster and maintain positive relationships with consultants and provide strong administrative support within the required timeframes. You will assist in accurately recording information pertaining to the data collection, assisting consultants in the field when required, and ensuring positive client outcomes.
What you will bring to the role:
- A belief in improving our world through the work we do
- Life sciences aptitude
- Strong Technical Data and Report Writing Skills (key)
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Software use and administrative Skills, GIS skills or interest desirable
- A systematic and solutions-oriented approach to your work
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A Cert IV or above equivalent arboriculture qualification from overseas, a masters or bachelor degree in an allied field (hort, enviro, eco) or an AQF III or above in Arboriculture
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A mature outlook and strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel for short periods at time. Ample notice will be provided.
What’s on offer:
- Full time or Part time permanent role
- A business and team that cares for our environment, backing it up with being carbon neutral, and working with clients to promote tree preservation and health
- Between $70,000 and $75,000 base salary, plus superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home as agreed
- A great team with peer support ensuring projects are carried out to a high standard
- Opportunities for mentoring, training and development, to progress your profession and career within the Active group.
Active Green Services:
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Active Green Services, read about What We Do and Who We Are:
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.