Senior Fire Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Work with us. Change the world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Creating places that matter and communities that thrive.
Our global Buildings and Places business line brings together a versatile and collaborative term of urban planning, building design and engineering professionals working to create liveable, sustainable, and equitable cities.
Our extensive expertise cover urbanism and planning, architecture, building and systems engineering, and cost, project, and construction management.
Together with our clients, we are working to evolve and elevate the built environment across sectors including, social infrastructure, transit, technology and logistics, and commercial and corporate real estate, whilst focusing on solutions that promote long term health and wellbeing for all.
We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
What will a day in this role look like:
Working within a multi-disciplinary organisation and collaborating with the wider AECOM network, you will forge relationships with fire safety engineers across the national team as well as other engineering disciplines, giving you broad exposure to a multitude of world-class projects.
In your role as a Senior Fire Safety Engineer, you will engage in the following tasks:
- Providing high-class technical expertise of Fire Engineering on large-scale projects from concept stage through to building occupation.
- Developing performance based design briefs and Fire Engineering reports across buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Fire Engineering advisory using advanced computer modelling of fluid flow and evacuation.
- Managing projects and clients autonomously across a variety of markets, using your technical expertise.
- Assisting senior team members with project management and delivery whilst participating in training and support to more junior members of AECOM’s Fire Safety Engineering team.
The following qualifications and experience are highly desired, but if you don’t tick all the boxes, you could still be a perfect fit for this role. Please apply, all applications will be considered.
What are we looking for from you?
- Proven and demonstrated experience delivering projects as a Senior Fire Safety Engineer within a consulting environment.
- A relevant Engineering qualification (preferably in Fire Engineering) alongside a thorough understanding of the Building Code of Australia.
- Prior experience in the preparation of Performance Based Design Briefs, Fire Engineering Reports and Fire Engineering Strategies.
- A strong background in the use of computer-based modelling alongside exposure to negotiating with approval authorities on performance-based designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both written and verbal) when dealing with internal and external stakeholders of the business.
Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which we, our clients and our communities live and work around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. We are committed to connecting to Country in our work through meaningful engagement with First Nations peoples and businesses. Find out more about our Australian Reconciliation Action Plan here: https://aecom.com/au/our-vision-for-reconciliation/.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.