Civil Infrastructure Manager
Job Type: Full time
Bold ideas bring transformative solutions.
Transforming mobility, delivering sustainable outcomes, exploiting digital technology and providing sustainable water solutions for a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
AECOM delivers comprehensive services from creation to completion and beyond, our transportation, geotechnical, digital and water professionals are constantly exploring new ways to navigate challenging projects.
We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
We are looking for an experienced people manager to lead and grow our successful Civil Infrastructure (CI) business. As a key member of our national CI leadership team, you will work closely with the Group Director to drive the overall success of the group and our people.
This senior role combines client-facing responsibility by maintaining strong relations with our clients and developing new relationships, as well as responsibility for financial and client outcomes for our CI Transport and Water portfolios.
What will a day in this role look like:
- Providing leadership in civil engineering and project management; influencing and supporting the team and collaborating with the wider business.
- Facilitating and promoting project delivery; working closely with the team to deliver projects in the Wellington region for clients such as Waka Kotahi and Wellington City Council.
- Supporting the development and training of leading-edge technical skills and applying them practically in ways that add value to AECOM and its clients.
- Building professional and technical capability to the highest level on projects, encouraging knowledge sharing across the team both regionally and nationally.
The following qualifications and experience are highly desired, but if you don’t tick all the boxes you could still be a perfect fit for this role. Please apply, all applications will be considered.
What are we looking for from you?
- An appropriate tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience; and a successful track record in project delivery
- Effective people leadership and management skills
- An established network and experience in building client relationships and the ability to develop a strong client base
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; including proven interaction with clients, colleagues and stakeholders
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.