Senior Secondary System Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether itâ€™s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Weâ€™re one global team â€“ 47,000 strong â€“ driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youâ€™re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion â€“ a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts â€“ planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers â€“ leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and letâ€™s get started.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer within our Energy team, you will be involved in leading a number of secondary systems design projects. In particular, AECOM provides engineering consultancy services associated with mining, process plants, water infrastructure and transportation.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include;
- Developing, encouraging and facilitating innovation in engineering solutions and work processes
- Providing technical support on secondary systems to the project team such as preparation of technical and design reports
- Providing engineering design from concept through to detail including advice and review in the field of electrical, instrumentation and controls, particularly in the power, industrial and water fields
- Contributing to bids and proposals including cost estimates and supporting materials
- Ensuring all electrical work is completed in accordance with Australian standards and sound engineering principles.
- Managing project teams to ensure timely provision of coordinated and quality engineering deliverables
- Contributing to the development of client relationships including identification of opportunities
We are looking for an experienced secondary systems engineer to continue to develop our reputation as a leader in the energy sector. At AECOM we are passionate about the future of NZ and this role presents an opportunity to help achieve transformational outcomes for our clients, working with global experts to address the complex infrastructure challenges of a transitioning economy and growing country.
You will be recognised for your technical expertise, excellent communication, client management skills and commercial acumen. In addition, you will possess the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the area of high voltage power system design activities
- Experience working with power utilities and generation plants (in particular large scale solar/wind farms) would be an advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of control and protection principles of high voltage substation equipment, transmission lines, generators, transformers, reactive equipment, etc
- Experience in project management of small to medium size secondary systems projects
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.