Electrical and Controls Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
The Environment and Energy (E&E) group provides engineering design and technical advisory services for a diverse range of customers across the power, resources, industrial, government and oil and gas sectors.
Based in our Hamilton office, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced engineers and project managers, supporting energy and industrial clients within the region and across New Zealand.
As an Electrical and Controls Engineer, your day-to-day tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Construction monitoring and site inspections including commissioning of new equipment
- Developing conceptual and detailed design, technical specification and reports for electrical upgrade and new build projects
- Electrical equipment selection
- Production of electrical drawings (with CAD support)
- Specification writing
- Preparation of proposals for design tenders
- Perform system modelling and fault studies
- Development of P&IDs, functional descriptions, instrument loop diagrams, cables and IO schedules
The following qualifications and experience are highly desired, but if you don’t tick all the boxes you could still be a perfect fit for this role. Please apply, all applications will be considered.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Bachelor of Electrical or Controls Engineering or similar)
- 2+ years’ relevant professional experience
- Site experience in electrical and control assets being constructed and commissioned is preferred
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Full driver's license (as you will be required to drive to site locations)
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.