Senior Process Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We are a team in an actively developing area of our business with significant growth plans in line with a healthy pipeline and growing market. We provide multi-disciplinary engineering services across a full range of chemical and manufacturing industries, and work alongside our Energy and Environment colleagues to deliver projects that support our growth in the Industrial and Infrastructure sector ambitions.
Our projects range from Design and Build components in specialist chemicals, Oil and Gas, Water and Wastewater and Material Handling industry. We provide life cycle project assistance through project development at concept and feasibility stages to detailed design and project delivery.
Day to day you could be involved in:
- Engineering calculations such as chemical reactions, heat transfer, mass balances and Hydraulic analysis
- Water pipeline and pipework design and analysis
- Materials and equipment selection
- Hydraulic transient analysis
- Production of drawings (with CAD support)
- Specification writing
- Construction contract document writing
- Construction monitoring and site inspections
You will have demonstrable experience gained through applicable post-graduate work within a relevant industry including Chemical and Materials handling, Oil and Gas and/or Water and Wastewater. Ideally you will also have the following:
- Ability to complete design detailing
- Experience in document control
- Ability to communicate technical issues with a range of individuals
- Ability to manage own time and meet targets
- Experience as a Senior Process Engineer / Project Engineer on consultancy projects, with responsibility for delivery of engineering packages and / or technical reports
- Experience in process equipment design and generation of project deliverables such as Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, PFD, Contract Management Documents
- Generation of technical reports and specifications
- Experience of relevant technologies, such as Smart PIDApplying technical / process safety in your work
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Bachelor of Chemical Engineering or similar)
- 4+ years’ relevant professional experience
- Site experience/ experience in projects being constructed and commissioned
- Relevant software packages
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.