Paid Performance Media Lead
Job Type: Full time
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting two constantly evolving national competitions, AFL and AFLW. Our purpose is to progress the game, so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
We have a strong workforce presence in most States and Territories of Australia including Northern Territory, QLD, NSW / ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.
As the AFL/ AFLW competitions continue to grow and evolve at both the elite and community levels, we are focused on ensuring we attract and retain great people in both permanent and casual roles at all levels and within all areas of our industry.
Importantly, we aim to reflect the communities where our game is played by recruiting locally where possible to strengthen our connection to the ‘grassroots’ of our game. We are also fortunate to have hundreds of passionate volunteers within our industry, offering their time and expertise to help grow our game.
The AFL's purchase of Marvel Stadium in Docklands, Melbourne, further diversifies our workforce with more than 1000 casual employees to make every moment matter for our fans and customers.
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE - 12 Month Maximum Term Opportunity
The Paid Performance Media Lead is responsible for working across the organisation and Clubs to manage and execute digital performance marketing campaigns across Meta, Google, YouTube and other paid digital channels.
The role will be responsible for the end-to-end management of paid performance marketing campaigns from planning and set-up to ongoing optimisation in line with best practice and reporting on campaign performance against KPIs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to lead, manage and execute digital performance marketing campaigns across Meta Ads, Google Ads, YouTube and other paid channels in line with best practice
- Analyse and structure data, turn data into insights and insights into actions to optimise campaigns across a range of campaign objectives including awareness, conversion, acquisition and retention
- Work with internal analytics teams and external agencies to implement appropriate tracking across AFL and third-party properties, ensuring that campaigns deliver against KPIs
- Use data and relevant analytics and insights tools to build audiences and customer segments based on user behaviors and profiles
- Design, implement and analyse structured tests and experiments to understand effectiveness of paid digital campaigns
- Deliver clear and comprehensive reporting on paid digital marketing campaigns, insights based on performance data and recommendations for future campaigns
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Technical and strategic skills across Facebook Ads, Google Ads and other paid digital channels
- Analytical and data-driven
- Stakeholder management
- High attention to detail
- Budget management
- Strong communication and people skills
- Team player
- Positive, can-do attitude
Experience & Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or Business
- 3 to 5 years of experience in paid performance marketing campaigns, ideally across Meta Ads and Google Ads
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, HotJar and other analytics tools desirable
- Track record of successfully meeting and exceeding campaign objectives and KPIs
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other CRMs desirable
- Experiencing managing multiple stakeholders with agency experience desirable
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 16 June 2023