Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician
Location: Rouse Hill
Job Type: Full time
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.< p>We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
To apply for this position, be considered for other vacancies or to view other Alstom roles please visit our website at: https://jobsearch.alstom.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=australia
Alstom currently has an exciting opportunity available for Rolling Stock Electrical maintenance technicians to join our Services business and to work on the Sydney Metro North West Project. In this role you will be responsible for the completion of maintenance inspections/visits for both preventative and corrective maintenance on the first driverless metro train in Australia.
Key Responsibilities for this Role include:
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance programmes on the fleet of trains and Depot infrastructure repairs/maintenance. Programmes include trouble shooting, duty checks, inspections according to examination sheets, component changes and overhaul of various rolling stock parts - where trained assessed and deemed competent
- Adopt a flexible approach to work practises and a ‘Competence based skills’ i.e. do what trained, assessed and deemed competent to do to provide full flexibility based upon competence and skills provided.
- Investigate faults on mechanical, pneumatic and other components as required / instructed in line with core discipline.
- Refurbishment and modification of rolling stock including the replacement and upgrading of components and systems.
- Comply with all relevant safety rules, Work instructions, Safe Systems of Works and DTC Shift Supervisors/Team Leaders/Engineers instructions.
- Respond to in service breakdowns and take part in a ‘first response situation’ should emergencies in service arise.
- Assist in the preparation of Safe Systems of Work, Rule Changes, Risk Assessments and carry out Safety Management checks as required.
- Compile accurate examination sheets, modification records, and other relevant documentation - utilising appropriate IT systems or relevant paper-based documents.
- Participate in integrated teams when performing electro-mechanical equipment changes on Metro cars, involving multi-skilling.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Certificate III in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or electro technical).
- Electrician licence
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in technical functions
- Railway industry experience is preferred
- Troubleshooting experience desired.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave
- This is a rare opportunity join a true industry leader at an exciting time. If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please APPLY NOW.