Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical in Dandenong, VIC. This is a 24 month fixed term contract with potential to go permanent and explore other opportunities in Alstom
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Engineerin Manager, you will be directly supporting Production for the serial build of a light rail vehicle. You will define and validate the detailed manufacturing processes, develop industrial documentation for the project, define industrial master data and drive continuous improvement actions and changes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define and validate detailed manufacturing processes for a new product, taking into account industrial policy, existing standards, and project constraints.
- Create industrial documentation for the project.
- Define Industrial Master Data and set the manufacturing Method Time.
- In serial production, drive continuous improvement actions and incorporate product and process changes in Production.
- Define the layout of the workshops and work stations.
- Calculate tooling costing for work stations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in mechanical or industrial engineering (or equivalent).
- Certification in welding engineering (eg. AS 1786 8G GMAW welding, AS 2214 welding supervisor, IWS - international welding inspector, or similar).
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing background preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and writing work instructions.
- Familiar with common IS tools (Microsoft Office).
- Experience of CAD and PLM tools (AutoCAD, CATIA, DELMIA, NEO).
- Familiarity with SAP GUI.
- Demonstrated experience in line balancing and lean manufacturing.
Important to note: As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.