Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Business Development Manager
The successful candidate will be accountable for growing the Commercial Card business through the acquisition of new middle market corporate customers. Strong pipeline management and an eye for business are key requirements for success within this role.
- Develop and implement successful Corporate Card sales strategy within your assigned portfolio.
- Build and maintain a detailed product knowledge and applying consultative selling techniques to client conversations.
- Purposefully lead the sales pipeline ensuring the pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects within the pipeline.
- Ensuring all planning, tracking, and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Develop sound relationships across distribution partners e.g., Travel Agents, Expense Management Providers, Consultants, etc
- Phone-based and face-to-face sales experience in a B2B environment.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to articulate product knowledge, services, and value proposition to C Level Executives.
- Strong financial acumen; understanding of cashflow and P&L highly advantageous.
- Experience in developing and driving successful sales strategies.
- Valid Australian Driver’s License
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without i