Retail Operations & Compliance Auditor
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Permanent Full-time Opportunity
- Location: QLD | Travel to sites via vehicle/flight required
- Utilise your experience to improve retail operations
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our Key leader's career stories supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
In this role you will support retail site operations by executing the Retail Assurance Program which aims to ensure we remain compliant to internal and legislative policy as well as manage risks across our business (including the environment and people safety). This program is critical to driving operational improvements in the Retail business.
This position will require frequent travel within QLD to retail sites via car or flight depending on your current location.
- Conduct site audits to determine the level of compliance and ensure consistency
- Provide operational feedback and actions through detailed audits and reporting
- Create regular reporting on store performance and identify trends and insights
- Build effective relationships with store teams, managers and other key stakeholders
- Support with traffic management reviews on sites as required
You will be an individual who has a high level of integrity as you will be working autonomously to uncover risks and engage with key stakeholders. You will enjoy identifying areas for improvement through audits, reporting and seeking feedback from the business.
Key skills and experience:
- Store level operations experience essential including in depth understanding of Retail
- Strong business acumen with working knowledge of retail IT systems
- Understanding of retail operational execution principles
- Unrestricted QLD driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for one privately used car!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications close Friday 7 October.