Technology Manager-Retail Store Systems
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Full time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits
- Location: Sydney, Alexandria / Work from home flexibility
- Lead a delivery for transformation of the Retail business
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries, and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
Are you looking for a new year, new career? We have an exceptional position available with growth opportunities to support your career. Reporting to the Head of Business Solutions, we are looking for an experienced Technology Manager for our Retail Store Systems. You will lead a team of 3 direct reports which include Head of Store systems, Project Specialist, for delivery and operations and Quality Assurance Manager. You will work with the team to implement store related applications. This includes providing solutions for the convenience retail business to meet customer expectations and business needs (multiyear CAPEX Budget of $10 - $15m).
In this role you will also lead and manage project delivery, solution architecture, product development and change management support for enhancement of new applications to uplift business capability requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is hoping to lead transformation and manage applications in use by our Retail Stores including Point of Sale, Payments, Network, mobility technologies, and Forecourt management. This role is based in our Alexandria office and the team operate across a hybrid operation.
- Deliver systems strategy definition, program execution, commercial management of third-party vendors, the establishment of new Ampol technologies and support business capabilities
- Develop and maintain the IT Technology roadmap to provide a strategic vision for the supported lines of business, and ensuring the divisional strategy is aligned with Enterprise
- Provide analysis of the current and future direction of the divisional Business and IT environment and the initiatives required to achieve future state
- Facilitate and act as representative for stakeholders with internal and external IT service, as well as potential suppliers of new technologies through all aspects of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Oversee project delivery through all stages of the project life cycle, whilst ensuring milestones are set and met around quality, time, and cost
You bring a strong interpersonal skill and bring a passion for relationships and stakeholder management, as a large part of this role will be relationship building. You enjoy leading a team and building a culture to work cohesively and independently to ensure good business objectives are achieved and are organised and can adapt to changing business needs. You have over 5 years’ experience in Senior IT/Business partnership roles and strong commercial/Retail IT experience which is required for this role.
You will ideally have tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience working with outsource and other third parties
- Provable experience in successful implementations of IT projects and on-going lifecycle – operations, maintenance, and support
- Extensive general IT experience (applications and/or infrastructure)
- Systemic knowledge of IT development, operational and change management processes and methodologies
- Proven expertise in applying solution architecture principles, practices and processes within enterprise architecture, IT investment and governance frameworks.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities to identify, analyse and resolve technology challenges in response to business and ICT requirements
- Strong planning, prioritisation, organisational skills, and the capacity to be flexible in balancing priorities to meet/exceed customer needs
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.