Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Emerald location, Monday to Friday dayshift
- Driving rate at $41.25 per hour driving a semi plus location specific allowances.
- Full fleet replacement driving BRAND NEW Kenworth prime movers!
About the team:
A great time to join us as we are reinvigorating our company operated depot and tanker fleet business! Working alongside respectful drivers and a great team, it is an integral part of our Ampol supply chain, meeting the needs of a diverse set of customers, particularly those in rural and regional locations. We distribute fuels and lubricants products from a network of depots across QLD, NSW and WA, operate up to 100 tanker trucks and employ over 150 dedicated employees.
We are investing in our infrastructure, fleet and people to ensure that we can continue to provide, safe, reliable and competitive supply to our valued customers, both today and into the future. Newly created roles within the team provide new joiners with broad experiences and interactions with customers, colleagues and teams right across the organisation, setting up our talent for future success with job opportunities across Ampol nationally.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
As a Tanker Driver (operating articulated vehicles), you will deliver petroleum products in an extremely safe, environmentally sound and cost-efficient manner, whilst providing customers with great local customer service.
This is a permanent full-time position with competitive pay rates under the relevant Enterprise Agreement.
You will typically complete day shifts Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays, with some early morning / late afternoon shifts required from time to time. Based at our Emerald Depot, you will operate modern and well-maintained vehicles alongside a crew of other experienced drivers.
You are reliable, enthusiastic and highly motivated; looking to move into or expand your career opportunities within this sector.
- A current Heavy Combination licence (essential)
- A current Safe Load Program (SLP) and/or Dangerous Goods license is desirable (not essential)
- Having flexibility to work rostered shifts Monday to Friday and occasional overtime or extra shifts as required
- Ampol will train and develop the successful candidate, as long as you have a fantastic, can do attitude
- Fuel experience is a desirable
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Applications close on the 29th of December 2022.