LUBRICANTS PROCESS CHEMIST
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Lytton QLD based, Contract opportunity
- Join a leading Australian business that provides diverse work opportunities
- Great opportunity to join our Laboratory team in our Lubricants Manufacturing department.
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
Reporting to the Laboratory team leader, the Lubricant Process Chemist will be primarily responsible for completing the laboratory sampling and testing required for product certification and operational requirements.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position offering full-time hours based in Lytton and will also be responsible for safe and efficient operations of the laboratory ensuring accurate and reliable information is provided to Ampol and it’s customers.
- Ensure incident free operations through the use of the Loss Prevention System (LPS)
- Perform testing and calibrations as per the prescribed method
- Ensure testing and analysis of raw materials, finished oils, greases and speciality products are tested in a timely manner
- Timely and accurate reporting of analytical results
- Provide technical advice to blending, filling and warehouse operators
- Troubleshoot laboratory instruments and report instrument breakdowns promptly
- Assist in maintaining the quality, environment and technical systems and standards
- Identify opportunities for improvement in laboratory processes and participating in internal audits
You are an experienced professional within a similar role and demonstrated success in laboratory operations with a strong focus on safety and high level of integrity. You thrive working in a team, are motivated and committed to learning and developing. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary Degree in Science, preferably majoring in Chemistry
- Direct lubricants background is highly desired
- 1-3 years experience in manufacturing environment is desirable
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of laboratory equipment, test methods and procedures.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Competitive hourly rate
- Career development and learning opportunities
- Be part of a great culture and working for an ASX listed companyy
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Application closes on the 28 February 2023.