Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Brisbane location, permanent full-time opportunity on dayshift
- Senior Bulk Tanker Driver Position – Articulated vehicle
- Weekly Senior Driver Allowance
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the team:
A great time to join us as we are reinvigorating our Ampol Petroleum Distributors business! It is an integral part of our Ampol supply chain, meeting the needs of a diverse set of customers, particularly those in rural and regional locations. We distribute fuels and lubricants products from a network of depots across QLD, NSW and WA, operate up to 100 tanker trucks and employ over 150 dedicated employees.
We are investing in our infrastructure, fleet and people to ensure that we can continue to provide, safe, reliable and competitive supply to our valued customers, both today and into the future. Newly created roles within the team provide new joiners with broad experiences and interactions with customers, colleagues and teams right across the organisation, setting up our talent for future success with job opportunities across Ampol.
About the role:
As a Senior Tanker driver, based in Hemmant, operating an articulated vehicle you will deliver bulk petroleum products utilising gravity, pump or hose reels in an extremely safe, environmentally sound and cost-efficient manner whilst providing customers with great local customer service.
Route wise, you will be servicing Greater Brisbane areas. There is a fair degree of autonomy in this role with overtime when and as required. In addition, you’ll be required train and support the wider team with your knowledge in road safety and dangerous goods.
You are reliable, enthusiastic and highly motivated; looking to develop and expand their career opportunities within this sector as we train and develop you.
- Hold a current HC licence (MC licence preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within fuel Industry is essential
- Load and deliver fuel with compliance to the Dangerous Goods Act, AIP Codes, our Company Professional drivers handbook, Hazchem, and other safety and environmental statutory and legislative rules and regulations whilst always complying to the respective state’s road laws.
- Performing safe supply to customers within the agreed delivery window with minimal time and disruption on site and ensuring the immediate reporting of any site defects.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is driven in an economical manner with regards to braking, acceleration etc.; and that maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and vehicle is always well presented.
- Ensuring thorough and up to date understanding of the regulations that apply to the industry.
- General daily duties at the depot and as required by the team
- Safe Load Program and Dangerous goods licence is ideal (not essential)
- Ampol will train and develop the successful candidate, as long as you have a fantastic, can do attitude
What we can offer:
- Competitive payrate
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Sound like you? Apply now! Applications will close 07 April 2023