Supply Scheduler - Lytton Refinery
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Lytton, QLD location
- Full time, permanent position
- Join a collaborative and supporting team
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
You will be responsible for the scheduling of day to day operations of Lytton Refinery to maximise profitability using Planning IT tools and optimise outcomes across the departments.
Scope includes scheduling of refinery process units, pipelines, shipping, tank management, product blending and release of all finished products, using various software and analytical techniques.
This is a permanent position, located at The Refinery in Lytton reporting to the Manager of Lytton Refinery Planning.
- Daily scheduling and optimisation of the refinery process units
- Manager, develop and issue instructions for the blending and release of jet, diesel and gasoline products
- Scheduling of the refinery pipeline, ship loading and truck loading
- Initiate and implement profit improvement initiatives
- Develop of weekly forecasts, intermediates and finished products
- Product supply review and management
- On call coverage over the phone providing guidance to operations (not a requirement to be onsite)
We are looking for an individual with good interpersonal skills to liaise and collaborate across the business and ability to lead technical analysis in a cross functional team.
You will have high attention to detail and have a good sound knowledge and understanding of refinery process units and refinery optimisation. Ideally you will have Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Chemistry, Finance or Business-related discipline or relevant operational experience.
Oil, petroleum training and/or refinery industry experience is desirable and proven experience in supply planning/scheduling supply operation.
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Chemistry, Finance/Business or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ refinery experience or scheduling experience in the fuels supply chain/manufacturing is desirable
- Well developed communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Commercial experience and fuel supply chain experience is desirable (not essential)
- Competitive Salary and performance bonus
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Application closes on the 30 March 2023.