Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Full time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits
- Location: Sydney, Alexandria / Work from home flexibility
- Grow your career in a supportive and inclusive environment
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for providing outstanding legal advice to assist the Ampol Group in meeting its commercial objectives and effectively managing its legal risk, focusing in particular on Ampol’s Fuel Supply Chain business. Ampol’s Fuel Supply Chain business encompasses the operation of our Lytton Refinery, Kurnell Terminal (the largest fuels terminal in the Southern Hemisphere), other fuels terminals and depots located throughout all Australian States and Territories, coastal shipping movements, and the supply of aviation, ground and shipping bulk fuels to our Business to Business customers and Ampol’s own retail fuels and convenience network.
Our General Counsel - Fuel Supply Chain will be your direct manager and functional leader but you will work autonomously and directly with the business to develop effective relationships and take the initiative to understand key business plans, objectives and business drivers to inform your legal support.
- Provide legal advice which demonstrates a good understanding of Ampol's commercial objectives and key drivers
- Effectively manage Ampol’s exposure to breach of Australian laws and regulations, including competition and consumer laws
- Proactively seek ways to help the business manage key legal risks in their business areas
- Effectively manage pre-litigation disputes
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements for the business including with significant Australian and global counterparties
- A tertiary qualification in law and 5-7 years’ post admission experience, ideally in a top tier law firm or as a corporate lawyer for a medium to large business.
- Previous experience in advising on, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including for supply, services and infrastructure.
Key skills and experience
- Experienced problem-solving capability and ability to identify creative and commercial solutions
- Clear, concise, and unambiguous communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to interact effectively with and influence stakeholders
- Superior negotiating skills with internal and external parties
- A high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications close Tuesday 28 March 2023