Location: Gladstone Central
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Coordination of Terminal operations
- Location based Gladstone, permanent - fulltime
- Great opportunity to work in a fantastic team with our Distribution Business
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
Reporting to the Terminal Manager, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Terminal and to ensure that the facility operates in a safe, effective and reliable manner.
The location is at Gladstone, QLD and you will be working on day shift with an element of on-call coverage over the phone and attending on site providing guidance and support to operations.
- Deliver safe and incident free performance
- Ensure that all terminal operations comply with relevant environmental and safety standards
- Manage stock control and processing
- Coordinate and perform repairs and maintenance functions
- Develop documents such as operating procedures, standing orders, shutdown and start up procedures
- Train new employees, perform terminal inductions and support localised training programs
- Support strategic and key infrastructure projects
- Identify and support implementation of improvement initiatives
- Support risk management activity and ensure that compliance with Ampol, regulatory requirement, safety and environment standards are met.
- Coordinate tank movement
You have a positive and can-do attitude with previous experience in oil & gas or hazardous environment is ideal. You are very safety focussed and have demonstrated proven success in a similar role and able to commit dayshift, regular overtime and on call coverage.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in petroleum industry or hazardous facility is desirable (not essential)
- Tertiary/Trade qualifications in engineering or related discipline is desirable
- Good sound knowledge of relevant industry and safety standards
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong mechanical background
- Safety focussed with experience in safe operation of a hazardous facility
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Competitive Salary and performance bonus
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Application close on 30th March 2023