TERRITORY MANAGER SYDNEY
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Manage the Sydney Territory for Ampol Petroleum Distributers including tanker truck operations, unmanned diesel stops and customer/sales
- Lead a strong and capable team, invest in customer relationships, and develop new business opportunities
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the team
It’s an integral part of our Ampol supply chain, meeting the needs of a diverse set of customers. We distribute fuels and lubricants products from a network of depots across QLD, NSW and WA, operate up to 100 tanker trucks and employ over 170 dedicated employees.
Following significant investment in our infrastructure, fleet and people, we are well placed to expand our business and continue to provide safe, reliable and competitive supply to our valued customers, both today and into the future. Newly created roles within the team provide new joiners with broad experiences and interactions with customers, colleagues and teams right across the organisation; setting up our talent for future success with job opportunities across Ampol.
About the role:
A unique and dynamic generalist leadership role, accountable for multi-site operations and heavy vehicle logistics is on offer. Reporting to our Regional Operations Manager you’re responsible for our company operated fuels distribution business in Sydney and accountable for the delivery of operational and commercial performance across multiple unmanned diesel and heavy fleet transport operations.
You will be a highly visible leader in the region, partnering with other teams/departments across Ampol to deliver the business plan goals and outcomes for our customers. You will lead a safe and reliable business, maintain a strong and engaged workforce, and delivers business growth, profit outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of petroleum tanker truck fleet operations in Sydney
- Lead, coach and develop an experienced team of depot operations coordinators and a fleet supervisor
- Partner effectively with key stakeholders and leadership to deliver business plans
- Oversee the management, maintenance and improvements to infrastructure and fleet assets with the territory.
- Drive a strong customer service focus across all levels of the operation
- Manage local customer relationships and pursue new business opportunities
- Responsible for safe work practices and ensure Ampol is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
You are a natural leader with a proven capability to simultaneously balance operational and commercial outcomes.
You are a versatile, self-motivated and disciplined in your approach. Your diverse communications skills combined with your understanding of complex operational environments enable you to thrive in this position and achieve positive business excellence and outcomes.
You thrive in problem solving and having a high commitment to safety, compliance and efficient focus and understand the important of these factors in operating a quality business.
Key skills and experience:
- Multi-site operations or a single complex site within an industrial setting
- Accountabilities for operational budgets and financial performance
- Customer service, sales and marketing
- Practical working knowledge of heavy vehicle transport operations or logistics
- People leadership, and well-developed communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in Petroleum, Chemicals, Dangerous Goods or Hazardous industries is desired, but not essential
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Logistics and/or Marketing is desirable, but not essential
- Competitive Salary and performance bonus
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Application closes on 11 April 2023