Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Temporary fulltime opportunity for 2 years
- Located in Lytton, QLD
- Experience in client-side advisory, coaching & behaviour based safety within large, complex hydrocarbon projects in LNG, Refining or major hazardous industry desirable.
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia’s very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia’s needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol’s policies, benefits and how we support our people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the role:
Reporting to the Future Fuels HSSEQ Superintendent, this role will primarily be responsible for assisting the HSSEQ Manager with implementation and supporting the development of the Lytton Refinery Future Fuels Project to deliver compliance with mandated Australia fuel quality specifications.
This role will work closely with the HSSEQ Team, EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) and contractors to deliver HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) & BBS (Behaviour Based Safety) outcomes for the Future Fuels Project.
- Support achievement of HSSEQ & BBS KPIs
- Attend, support and facilitate toolbox talks, team safety discussions, identification of hazards, risk and mitigations
- Conduct field engagement, resolve problems and provide solutions when issues arise
- Provide and deliver professional HSSEQ coaching and training
- Conduct risk assessments on a wide range of project activities
- Participate and lead incident investigations
- Support assessments of individual competency assessment and verification of competency
- Support and review of HSSEQ procedures, risk assessments and SWMS to ensure control measures are adequate, suitable and understood.
You will be the go-to person for investigating and communicating back to the teams you work with about any incident that has occurred and the corrective action to take. You are a safety guru ready to take the next step in your career, working in a fast paced projects environment with a great team.
Your strong people skills and high level focus and commitment to safety will help you influence and develop a safer environment for our key stakeholders.
Your strong analytical and problem solving skills will help you thrive in this role along with your ‘can do’ attitude and strong work ethic.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role as a Safety Leader
- Experience working in refining, oil and gas or a major hazardous facility
- Experience in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control
- Experience in commissioning, completion and handover of project assets to an operating team is desirable
- Upskilled with the latest safety legislation (both state and regional)
- Sound knowledge of HSSEQ & BBS tools and techniques
- Sound knowledge of risk engineering & risk management concepts
- Strong people and stakeholder engagement skills
- Work for an ASX listed company
- Be part of a diverse and supportive culture
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Applications close on the 4th of June 2023.