Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Permanent full-time based in Lytton Refinery, QLD
- Competitive Salary and work with a supportive collaborative team
- Utilise your operations experience to ensure safe, reliable and competitive plant performance and manage risk to people, plant and environment
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia’s very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia’s needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol’s policies, benefits and how we support our people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Operations Coordinator to join the Operations team at our Lytton Manufacturing Facility.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, you will be responsible for optimising the operation of plant and equipment at our Lytton manufacturing facility. You will play an important role as part of a wider team ensuring operational excellence (Safety, Health, Risk, Environment, Quality and community management) requirements are implemented effectively within the Operations area and compliance is achieved.
This role will plan and manage work with operations, engineering and maintenance to effectively and safely maintain the plant for sustained mechanical and operational availability. Moreover, you will also be part of the Refinery Emergency Management team and participate as the Operations subject matter expert on project teams
- Act within the team with ownership of the asset, putting operations first & balancing business priorities
- Provide consistent direction and support to the work teams across all process areas to ensure equipment is either taken offline or placed back online in a safe and efficient manner during significant shutdowns or events.
- Co-ordinate the development of quality documents for Operations - Shutdown and Start up procedures and ensure these quality documents are reviewed and updated as required.
- Plan and manage the specific T&I training required for Operations.
- Assist with implementations of Operations improvements projects.
- Performs a designated role in the Refinery Emergency Management Team (REMT).
- Support Process Safety Management (PSM) by participation in & driving quality risk assessments, Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and completing assigned actions as scheduled
- Ensures Management of Change, standards and procedures are applied to a high standard and consistently in the area of responsibility.
You will have proven experience in an operations or operations support role in an Energy, Oil, Manufacturing and/or hazardous facility.
The successful candidate will have the ability to meet deadlines and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to interface with multiple levels of the organisation.
You will have a passion for safety, strong strategic planning and co-ordinating skills as well as the ability to make pragmatic, informed, risk-based decisions. In addition, you will possess influencing and negotiation skills, a commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to develop good working relations with key stakeholders.
This role suits individuals who are adaptable with a strong work ethic that are looking to take the next step in their career, holding increased ownership and accountability for business outcomes in a position that directly influences direction of activities and decisions onsite.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Operations, maintenance, or front line management is desirable
- Previous experience working in Oil & Gas or hazardous environment
- Experience in refinery operations and maintenance planning practices, including problem solving and driving schedules
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and industrial work scheduling
- Well-developed organisation skills and the ability to prioritise
- Sound knowledge of risk engineering & risk management concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions with multiple work groups
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Applications close on the 15th of June 2023.